Global Tipping Points Report 2023: Discussion with Section Leads
Global Tipping Points is led by Professor Tim Lenton from the University of Exeter’s Global Systems Institute with the support of more than 200 people from over 90 organisations in 26 countries. The Global Tipping Points Report due to be launched 6th December 2023 aims to provide an authoritative assessment of the risks and opportunities of both negative and positive tipping points in the Earth system and society. In this webinar several Section Leads will present key insights from this report.
- Intro by moderator: Laurie Laybourn Langton (University of Exeter)
- Earth System Tipping Points David Armstrong McKay (University of Exeter/Stockholm Resilience Centre)
- Tipping Points Impacts Steven Lade (Australian National University/Stockholm Resilience Centre) and Jonathan Donges (Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research)
- Governance of Earth System Tipping Points Manjana Milkoreit (University of Oslo)
- Positive Tipping Points in Technology, Economy and Society: Steve Smith (University of Exeter) and Caroline Zimm (IIASA/Earth Commission)
- Q&A moderated by Laurie Laybourn Langton (University of Exeter)
The recording is available below.